Franciscan Order

crystallakestmarysminorseminary 20150925_095604~2_3

6

In 1945 the building and adjacent property was sold to the Franciscan Order to be used as a seminary for high school boys studying for the priesthood. It was known as St. Mary’s Minor School for Boys. The school had an enrollment of over 100 boys, approximately 75 percent of which lived on campus. The school operated until about 1970 when enrollment dropped and it was deemed necessary to close the facility.